Aidan Sowa is an entrepreneur who got into the digital marketing space in 2016 due to working with the MIT Enterprise Forum Cambridge.
Aidan is now the founder and CEO of Sowa Marketing Agency. Sowa Marketing Agency specializes in helping luxury realtor get featured in the media, guaranteed.
Aidan believes all entrepreneurs have the choice to differentiate themselves from their competition or die as a commodity.
Most passionate about
- I’m the CEO and founder of Sowa Marketing Agency. Essentially, we specialize in helping luxury realtors become the authority in the industry by getting featured on major media sites, like Yahoo, Forbes, and the like worked.
- Within the next nine years, we’ll try to reach nine figures.
Aidan’s career and story
- I originally worked with the MIT Enterprise Forum Cambridge.
- Learned a bit about digital marketing. Eventually, I decided to start my own company around digital marketing, to help entrepreneurs. I wanted to see how that would work. And it did work. I would just have to experiment a lot.
Best advice for entrepreneurs
- My best advice for any entrepreneur who’s starting out is to set their goals; to focus on monthly, yearly, 10-year goals and be able to play it down. So many people start at the beginning of the year and have all these big goals in mind and then they eventually give up.
- I highly recommend that people really nail down their goals so they know exactly what needs to be done.
The biggest, most critical failure with customers
- I would probably say that my biggest failure as a business owner was taking on every single customer. That was a big mistake because when people came in with really high expectations, I would take them on anyway. And then we’ve them frustrated with me.
- When I first started my company, that led to chargeback and almost ruined my business. It was a painful experience. I was fortunate enough that this didn’t happen, but it was definitely a pretty devastating blow.
Biggest success with customers
- One of the biggest things we did is start utilizing our own marketing methods for ourselves. So, being able to not just be seen like any other business, but being able to generate positive media presence and being able to build out our social media services.
- I feel like that has really impacted the way our customers have seen us, especially all these luxury realtors. They can see for themselves that we truly believe in what we’re selling. We’re not just trying to sell them on something. It’s something of real value.
Aidan’s recommendation of a tool
- For us, social media is the easiest way to reach customers.
- We still get a huge number of clients just by sending out messages on Instagram.
- We’re also doing the traditional kinds of social media stories.
- We have the entire profile built out, and things of that nature, and we’ve actually automated our invitations. That way, we’re reaching out to clients every single day.
Aidan’s one key success factor
- One of my key success factors is believing in myself and being able to follow through on what I want to do.
- It’s one thing to write something down, and it’s another thing to take action and really make your goals all day. So, being able to take action is probably the key thing.
Since we believe that the best way for entrepreneurs to get fast, big, and sustainable success is by leading your (new) market category, and the entire entrepreneurial journey reminds me of mountaineering, I want to ask you: Is there a mountain you dream of climbing or a mountain you have already climbed?
- I’ve definitely climbed a couple of mountains. I mean, entrepreneurship is sort of like that—just trying to reach new peaks. Once you get to the top, you realize you’re not that high at all. There’s so much more out there. I feel like that’s one of the really cool things about entrepreneurship, as it really opens up your worldview.
The best ways to connect with Aidan
Want to learn how to start your Entrepreneurship?
HOW TO START ?
Want to learn how to choose the best Name and Logo? Not sure which customers to focus on right now and where they are? Want to build your website, or trying to figure out how and what content to share on social media?