Known as a top Entrepreneur Mentor and Business Architect, Mike has had a hand in starting or owning 15+ businesses across multiple industries including technology, real estate, fashion, digital marketing, and high level entrepreneur masterminds and coaching. His businesses have generated more than 9 figures in total sales. He’s also the author of the forthcoming book, Twice born: How a Crisis Can Remake You.
His love for travel takes him and his wife to an average of 5 countries per year and one month in one of the world’s most beautiful cities to stimulate creativity, to create renewal, and to enjoy a life of adventure.
Mike primarily mentors and coaches 2 types of entrepreneurs: the e-commerce entrepreneur with the mastermind he co-leads with Colin Wayne who has a 9 figure Ecommerce brand and the Entrepreneur with Expert knowledge (coaches, authors, speakers, consultants, podcasters) with his Symposia Mastermind.
He’s been featured on Business Insider, Forbes, Fox Radio 16 times, spent 1447 hours with Tony Robbins.
Most passionate about
- King David once said, “Where there is no vision, the people perish.” What I’m passionate about is part of my vision.
- I’m 41 now and I want to establish myself as one of America’s top entrepreneur mentors.
- That means lots of books, lots of speaking, lots of businesses, and lots of growth.
- Right now, I have my first book, Twice Born, about how a crisis can remake you. It’s coming out before long.
- I have different coaching programs for building people—building their expert platforms or their e-commerce businesses.
Mike’s career and story
- I’ve been mentoring recreationally since I was 19 or 20 years old.
- My first coaching client was running a 25-million-a-year e-commerce business.
Best advice for entrepreneurs
- One of my mentors, Jay Abraham, talks about how it’s paramount for people to fall in love with your customer, not your product. When you fall in love with your customer, you will typically always find a way to serve them.
- What I’ve discovered is that if you seek to find out and discover your core 4% client (which is the top 20% of the 20% in the 80%-20% rule), this is likely your top-tier client. You need to discover what they really want, what their core problems are, what their core challenges are.
- Don’t try to sell yesterday’s solution to yesterday’s problem. This is where innovation comes up. Keep anchoring and centering them.
- If you look at a lot of companies or individuals that have pivoted, and become more adaptable and listened really deeply, then your customers will tell you what they want, or you’ll be able to hear them.
- Create an irresistible offer for them.
- There are advanced mechanisms and levers for what makes an offer more irresistible.
The biggest, most critical failure with customers
- My largest failure probably had to deal with my marketing agency.
- We had a lofty vision, but we couldn’t quite execute it.
- It was to design a full-fledged ecosystem of branding, copywriting, and marketing efforts within one umbrella versus having four or five different freelancers or agencies building your brand and business.
- Ultimately, I didn’t find the right internal leader, like a COO type of person. I never found that person and I’m not a good project manager myself.
- I grew too fast because I was good at one part of it, which was selling, but not at the insurance execution and deliverability aspect. It was one of the few times in my life when I had upset customers.
Biggest success with customers
- I got incredible results with my mastermind clients. We worked by my Six parts expert pathway which say that first you need to get your money story.
- Develop your aligned abundance: energetic, mental belief, and capacity around the abundance that you feel you deserve or are worthy of. Align yourself around that, coupled with the second phase.
- Second, get clarity on your zone of genius.
- This is your unique and natural pathway for building wealth. It’s also where you’re a bad-ass versus where you suck ass.
- The third step is what I essentially took them through that year.
- Your 4% client, which is the top 80/20 role.
- The top seven produces 80% of results. Well, what about the top 20% of the top 20%? That’s 4%.
- The fourth phase is your irresistible offer.
- The fifth part is to build your A-player team
- The sixth part is to establish your expert authority.
Mike’s recommendation of a tool
- Its formatting is good.
- I make all my client session notes and they’re from my VIP one-on-ones.
- I do a lot of my copywriting in there when I’m working on a new program or offering.
Mike’s one key success factor
- It’s the internal belief coupled with an irresistible offer when I’m speaking to the right person.
- Nine times out of 10, I’m going to close the deal and serve them really, really well. They going to get results.
Since we believe that the best way for entrepreneurs to get fast, big, and sustainable success is by leading your (new) market category, and the entire entrepreneurial journey reminds me of mountaineering, I want to ask you: Is there a mountain you dream of climbing or a mountain you have already climbed?
- I guess we’re keeping it to the metaphor. I had a season in my life—really, the latter half of 2017, 2018, 2019, even January of this year, 2020—when I lost several different things. So many different things went wrong, amounting to over a million dollars in different businesses. And the unraveling accelerated about 50 days away from getting married as well.
- It was a day-by-day thing of feeding myself mentally, doing some prayer in the morning, connecting with God, feeding myself, to give myself hope and inspiration.
- Two-and-a-half years later, I’m pretty much out of it. I’ve paid off not only the million dollars that was lost but also about $2.2 million in total debts.
- You don’t get to the top of the mountain as fast as you want. You have to go one step at a time.
The best ways to connect with Mike
- Mike’s Website |
- Social Media Profiles:
- Mike’s Zone of Genius Course is here
- What I learned from spending 1447 Hours with Tony Robbins
- NLP Claim Your Power Meditation
- Symposia Mastermind
- Founders Mastery
I want to invite you to the free live training about 7 practical ways to get more customers: www.getmorecustomersregistration.com
I look forward to seeing you in the live training.